A Letter from Advance Disposal
March 20th, 2020
Attention: COVID19 Update
To Our Valued Municipal Customers:
Advanced Disposal’s motto is “Service First, Safety Always”. At Advanced Disposal, safety is of utmost importance and should not be ranked as it is our lifeblood: the safety of our employees, our customers and the general public wherever we are operating. As the world is adjusting daily to the challenges that COVID19 is creating for all of us, rest assured we are prepared to continue providing our essential services to you and your residents. As a company, we are implementing policies and procedures to ensure that our employees are as safe as possible while performing our services, and to keep our customers and the public safe as well.
EFFECTIVE MARCH 23, 2020, ADVANCED DISPOSAL WILL NOT COLLECT ANY TRASH/REFUSE OR RECYCLING THAT IS NOT CONTAINERIZED
The COVID19 pandemic has caused tremendous disruption to our personal and professional lives, and Advanced Disposal is not immune to these events. At this time, we are adjusting our workforce and practicing the protocols and recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC): cleaning and disinfecting, social spacing, remote workstations, etc.
In terms of our frontline services and collection services, we are providing a public health service and will continue to deliver our services as efficiently and effectively as possible. We stand ready to adjust as needed as more waste materials move from the commercial/industrial sector to the residential sector due to school closures, reduced hospitality/leisure activities and reduced commercial/industrial activities.
Lastly, communication will be very important over the next few weeks. We know how much your community relies on our services, and we truly view our relationship as a partnership. As of this time, all disposal facilities are operational and we are operating as close to 100% workforce as possible in providing collection services. In the event of any issues that could affect collections in your community, we will be reaching out immediately to advise of the issue, and determine a response that works for both partners. Each day we are receiving more information which causes adjustments, but we want to make sure our partners know as soon as possible to avoid confusion or add stress to an already challenging time. Please continue to visit our website, at https://www.advanceddisposal.com/wi/de-pere/green-bay-collection to remain informed with Service Alerts.
Thanks for your partnership,
Effective March 23, 2020, Advanced Disposal is suspending all manual curbside garbage and recycling collection, until further notice.
All dumpsters will be moved to Memorial Park (Wisconsin Avenue).
• All trash/refuse must be bagged and placed in containers
• Recycling must be placed loose in the recyclable receptacle, excluding plastic bags.
Due to the confusion over the last week, and illegal dumping, the below guidelines will now be implemented:
• The dumpsters will now be monitored 24-7
• Please have your ID ready, as it may be required for verification purposes
• Dumpsters will be open during the hours of 7am-5:30pm Monday – Friday, and 7am-noon on Saturdays. There will be no dumping outside of these hours - the gates will be locked.
• Please put only your weekly garbage and recycling in the dumpsters. If it wouldn’t get picked up with your weekly pick up, don’t put in dumpster. No big, bulky, or hazardous items allowed. For example: Mattresses, furniture, bicycles, etc..
See the Village Ordinance below listing items not allowed.
This dumpster site is for Village of Denmark residents only. Illegal dumping is a crime, and all those in violation will get citations. All citations issued will be at the maximum allowable amount.
Please use the dumpsters responsibly.
B. The Village of Denmark prohibits, unless specifically exempted by this article or by order of the Village Board of the Village of Denmark, certain waste from being placed in any type solid waste containers or receptacles in the Village of Denmark for any solid waste removal and for any later disposal, storage, treatment or recycling, namely:
(1) Dead animals.
(3) Hazardous toxic wastes.
(5) Contaminated material.
(6) Heavy metal materials.
(7) Lumber, trees, and brush.
(10) Concrete blocks.
(13) Construction, remodeling or demolition waste.
(14) Waste oil.
(15) Lead acid batteries.
THE BROWN COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT WILL BE CLOSING CTH R FROM CTH KB (DE PERE RD) TO CTH T (WISCONSIN AVE), IN THE VILLAGE OF DENMARK, BEGINNING MONDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2020 AT 5 A.M., THRU FRIDAY, AUGUST 7, 2020 AT 6 P.M. FOR BRIDGE REPLACEMENT WORK
A DETOUR WILL BE SET FROM CTH KB (DE PERE RD) TO CTH T (WISCONSIN AVE).
PLEASE NOTE: THIS PROJECT IS WEATHER-DEPENDENT AND MAY CHANGE DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS.
Voter registration drives will increase in 2020. These organization are not affiliated with the Village of Denmark and while most organizations are legitimate, this is also an area of opportunity for scammers. Be aware that voter registration requires personal information such as your date of birth and driver’s license number. Never give personal information to anyone you don’t know and trust. The safest means to register to vote includes the following:
* Prevent snow and ice from accumulating on the concrete especially during the first winter. This is especially important when the ice and snow have been treated with de-icing components. Freezing and thawing with moisture present along with de-icing materials on the concrete produces one of the harshest conditions for concrete surfaces.
* De-icing chemicals should be avoided, especially the first winter. Sand should be used for traction.
* Never use de-icers containing fertilizer ingredients such as ammonium sulfate, ammonium nitrate, calcium chloride and magnesium chloride. These chemicals will attack and destroy concrete by chemical reaction.
The Village of Denmark embodies opportunity and access . . . all with small-town charm!
You may now use your credit, debit or Pre-Paid Debit card to pay a variety of bills such as: utility bills, miscellaneous Village bills or Village traffic citations by visiting the billpay website:
There are lots of ways for the village's residents to keep up with their community. Have you liked our Facebook page yet?
118 E. Main St
P.O. Box 310
Denmark, WI 54208
Mon - Fri:
8am - 4:30pm
Sat - Sun:
©2020 Village of Denmark